1. Almost anywhere is Delaware is within a drive of less than 2 hours from Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington DC, within 2 hours of New Jersey, and within 3 hours of Manhattan.
2. Delaware has one of the lowest median property tax rates in the United States, with only twelve states collecting a lower median property tax than Delaware.
3. Delaware has a 0% sales tax.
4. Delaware does not have inheritance or estate taxes. However, if you are inheriting from a different state, you may have to pay those taxes. (financefile.delaware.goc)
5. Social Security and Railroad Retirement benefits are not taxable in Delaware and should not be included in taxable income. (revenue.delaware.gov)
6. Delaware has 3 counties and 57 municipalities consisting of cities, towns and villages with populations number from about 71,000 to 70 residents in each.
7. Each Delaware county has one or more of the top school districts in the state. New Castle County- Appoquinimink School District (1), Brandywine School District (2), Kent County- Caesar Rodney School District (3), Capitol School District (5), Sussex County- Cape Henlopen School District (4). (Usnews.com)
8. Delaware's beaches have been recognized for the cleanest water quality in the nation, with Rehoboth and Dewey recognized as two of the country's 13 'Superstar Beaches' for their perfect swimming quality. (National Resources Defense Council).